Just passing by and i can really tell this is a passion project. Just wanted to wish you all the best with it. Looks like it will be a great game when u finish it. Looking forward to release.
A downloadable cozy game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Village Monsters is an open-ended village life set in the world of a long-forgotten video game. You play as a human living in a community of (mostly) friendly monsters
Live a different kind of life in a different kind of world!
- Befriend dozens of whimsical monster villagers, each with their own quirky personalities, interests, and problems to solve.
- Engage in a variety of daily tasks and activities like earning money with a part time job, joining in village events and holidays, going on adventures - or just hanging out with your monster pals and watching some TV.
- Buy a fixer-upper and sink your entire life savings into it to make it your very own comfy-cozy homestead.
- Pursue many interesting hobbies that let you hunt for treasure, collect and train creatures, cultivate mushroom gardens, and catch legendary fish.
- Unravel unique personal stories as you build friendships and learn the history (and secrets) of the village and its inhabitants.
- Explore vast and strange areas outside the village ranging from vibrant forests, arctic deserts, fog-choked valleys, and the ruins of a best-forgotten empire.
- Immerse yourself in a truly simulated world that boasts shifting weather patterns, sweeping seasonal changes, and interesting system interactions.
- Harness the glitches of a run-down game and use them to empower your skills and fix this neglected world.
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||69 days ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||Exploration, Fishing, Life Simulation, monster-love, Nonlinear, Pixel Art, Relaxing, Sandbox, Slice Of Life, Story Rich|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Kickstarter, Homepage, Twitter, Steam|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: new friends, hidden...|
In order to download this cozy game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Village Monsters is on sale, but not for long!19 days ago
- New Minor Patch: Early Access 0.51.526 days ago
- New Major Patch: Early Access 0.51.038 days ago
- New Major Patch: Early Access 0.50.0!54 days ago
- New Minor Patch: Early Access 0.49.560 days ago
- Village Monsters OUT NOW on Itch.io!63 days ago
- Building a Village, 11/05/2019 - Talkin' Specifics76 days ago
- Building a Village, 9/28/2019 – WE HAVE A RELEASE DATESep 28, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Been watching this one for a while and finally picked it up today. I'm only an hour deep into it, but I've enjoyed everything so far. Just wanted to say thank you for making this game.
This gives me some Undertale vibes, and I mean that in the absolute best way. Lovely game and I look forward to the full version.
I've had a lot of fun playing this and I think the idea of collecting things to be able to expand a world is a great idea for a game like this. My only complaint is that the days are pretty short and the dialouge from everyone is very long. I feel as though in a game like this, of course all the NPCs should act with character but, I feel that it takes a longer time to get to know people. That not everyone should tell you their full life story immidiately. You have a lot of charcters here who's differences are like night and day but I definently would like to see more aggressive monsters, some in between. Everyone should have their own oppinions more and the politics of the whole society should be decribed more through action rather than just saying everything outright. Other than that the game was very enjoyable and I had a lot of fun playing it. I hope to be able to play the full game in the future.
Thank you so much for the detailed impressions! I generally agree that villagers are too chatty too quickly, so I'm working on a system where when you're still "strangers" they're a lot more reserved. Thanks for playing!
Hi, some feedback on the first few minutes of windows demo ...
The game has a friendly vibe!
Pressing "1" crashes the game.
Before entering the door, a message says "I want to say a few things", its not clear that I need to press Z to continue the dialogue.
Its not clear that Z is OK and X is cancel.
Some typos in the notes in the building the character wakes up in.
Looking at the painting shows an empty box along with the text, I was expecting a more detailed image of the painting.Fun so far! :)
Really appreciate the feedback on the demo!! Most of those things should definitely be fixed for the next release, but I took a bunch of notes all the same.
I'm super excited about this game! Any estimate on full release yet? :)
Any chance we could play one of the old demos? The game looks really cool and I'd love to give it a try before the release.
I plan on making a more updated demo available soon. Perhaps by June? Trust me, you wouldn't want the older demos... the game has come a long way.
I'll make a post once it's available <3
My God man. It's been two years and I'll say. You've done a damn good job. You've come far dude, and you've earned the right to be proud. Hope this gains a lot more attention.
This looks amazing! I can't wait for it to come out.
Really enjoyed this demo, gives me a lot of inspiration to the games I would like to make, keep going!
Thanks for the kind words! Although I know it can be a double-edged sword being inspired by another game... whenever it happens to me I have to fight off the urge to add in some major new feature from the game I liked into my own
This sounds wonderful! Any chances of a Mac version?
Yes, absolutely! In order to build a Mac version I need a Mac myself, and that's not in the cards right now. But soon!
What a fun little indie game I really enjoyed the style and the small little secrets and characters in the game I can't wait to play the full game!
Yo man, good job with this game! Please dont discontinue it. Good Luck!!
Love what you have so far.
I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, guess I didn't hit the "Post comment" button...
Hah, thanks, buddy! Hope I can continue to impress. Glad to have you following!
Unrelated, but I seriously forget to hit "Submit" on some form or email at least once a day. I alt tab too much!
Can you list the controls?