This looks amazing! I can't wait for it to come out.
A downloadable cozy game
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the world of an abandoned video game? All those NPCs with their artificial lives...what happens to them after the game is powered off for that final time?
Village Monsters is an relaxing village life sim set in one such forgotten world.
WHAT'S ALL THIS?
My name is Josh, and I'm making Village Monsters, a life sim game in the style of *Animal Crossing*, with visual & tonal inspiration from the Mother series.
WHAT CAN YOU DO IN IT?
Village Monsters is an open-ended village life game where you play as a human moving into a community of (mostly) friendly monsters.
A Monstrous Community
- Befriend dozens of whimsical monster villagers, each with their own personalities, interests, and problems to solve.
- Unravel unique personal stories as you build friendships and learn the history of the village and its inhabitants.
- Purchase a fixer-upper and build it up into your very own comfy-cozy homestead.
Relaxing, Open-Ended Gameplay
- Pursue several laid-back hobbies like treasure hunting, creature collecting, mushroom gardening, and fishing.
- Engage in a variety of daily tasks and activities. Earn money with a part time job, participate in events and holidays, or go adventuring with your villager friends.
- Complete a massive journal that tracks all your collectibles, challenges, and achievements.
A Living World
- Explore vast areas outside the village ranging from vibrant forests, arctic deserts, enchanting lakes, and ruins of a best forgotten empire.
- Discover a simulated world with its own rules and interactions. Shifting weather patterns, seasonal changes, and realistic creature behaviors makes the world come alive.
- Solve world-spanning puzzles and uncover hidden secrets as you piece together an overarching mystery.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT RELEASING?
Village Monsters is releasing to PC / Mac / Linux in Spring 2019.
HOW CAN I FOLLOW DEVELOPMENT?
I'm very active on Twitter, so if that's your thing too then I'd love to have you follow along.
There's also email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Beyond that, there's lot of other choices!
Finally, if you think about it there's really just a finite number of humans out there, so if we both talk to enough of them then we'll eventually find each other. I look forward to seeing you!
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Aseprite, Audacity|
|Tags||Exploration, fishing, Life Simulation, monster-love, Nonlinear, Pixel Art, Relaxing, Sandbox, Slice Of Life, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Kickstarter, Homepage, Twitter, Steam|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: new friends, hidden...|
- Building a Village, 04/03/2019 – Spring Cleaning16 days ago
- Building a Village, 03/10/2019 – Song of Time40 days ago
- Release: Village Monsters Beta 3.2 (Pumpkin Pie) is now available!96 days ago
- Release: Village Monsters Beta 3 (Pumpkin Pie) is now available!Dec 02, 2018
- Building a Village, 11/24/2018 – Clash of the CodsNov 27, 2018
- Building a Village, 08/25/2018 – Trash HogAug 25, 2018
- Release: Final Update for Summer Sherbert Demo is now available!Aug 15, 2018
- Release: Update 2 for Summer Sherbert Demo is now available!Aug 13, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Really enjoyed this demo, gives me a lot of inspiration to the games I would like to make, keep going!
Thanks for the kind words! Although I know it can be a double-edged sword being inspired by another game... whenever it happens to me I have to fight off the urge to add in some major new feature from the game I liked into my own
This sounds wonderful! Any chances of a Mac version?
Yes, absolutely! In order to build a Mac version I need a Mac myself, and that's not in the cards right now. But soon!
What a fun little indie game I really enjoyed the style and the small little secrets and characters in the game I can't wait to play the full game!
Yo man, good job with this game! Please dont discontinue it. Good Luck!!
Love what you have so far.
I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, guess I didn't hit the "Post comment" button...
Hah, thanks, buddy! Hope I can continue to impress. Glad to have you following!
Unrelated, but I seriously forget to hit "Submit" on some form or email at least once a day. I alt tab too much!
Can you list the controls?