I'm super excited about this game! Any estimate on full release yet? :)
A downloadable cozy game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Village Monsters is an open-ended village life set in the world of a long-forgotten video game. You play as a human living in a community of (mostly) friendly monsters
Live a different kind of life in a different kind of world!
- Befriend dozens of whimsical monster villagers, each with their own quirky personalities, interests, and problems to solve.
- Engage in a variety of daily tasks and activities like earning money with a part time job, joining in village events and holidays, going on adventures - or just hanging out with your monster pals and watching some TV.
- Buy a fixer-upper and sink your entire life savings into it to make it your very own comfy-cozy homestead.
- Pursue many interesting hobbies that let you hunt for treasure, collect and train creatures, cultivate mushroom gardens, and catch legendary fish.
- Unravel unique personal stories as you build friendships and learn the history (and secrets) of the village and its inhabitants.
- Explore vast and strange areas outside the village ranging from vibrant forests, arctic deserts, fog-choked valleys, and the ruins of a best-forgotten empire.
- Immerse yourself in a truly simulated world that boasts shifting weather patterns, sweeping seasonal changes, and interesting system interactions.
- Harness the glitches of a run-down game and use them to empower your skills and fix this neglected world.
|Updated||5 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Aseprite, Audacity|
|Tags||Exploration, Fishing, Life Simulation, monster-love, Nonlinear, Pixel Art, Relaxing, Sandbox, Slice Of Life, Story Rich|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Kickstarter, Homepage, Twitter, Steam|
|Mentions||itch.io Recommends: new friends, hidden...|
- New update to Village Monsters demo now available7 days ago
- Village Monsters gets a new DEMO!14 days ago
- Village Monsters gets a new trailer!25 days ago
- Building a Village, Update 13 - Midsummer30 days ago
- Building a Village, 6/29/2019 - Making of Monsters57 days ago
- Building a Village, 6/18/2019 – Timeline(s)67 days ago
- Building a Village, 5/19/2019 – Treasure Mainland98 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Any chance we could play one of the old demos? The game looks really cool and I'd love to give it a try before the release.
I plan on making a more updated demo available soon. Perhaps by June? Trust me, you wouldn't want the older demos... the game has come a long way.
I'll make a post once it's available <3
My God man. It's been two years and I'll say. You've done a damn good job. You've come far dude, and you've earned the right to be proud. Hope this gains a lot more attention.
This looks amazing! I can't wait for it to come out.
Really enjoyed this demo, gives me a lot of inspiration to the games I would like to make, keep going!
Thanks for the kind words! Although I know it can be a double-edged sword being inspired by another game... whenever it happens to me I have to fight off the urge to add in some major new feature from the game I liked into my own
This sounds wonderful! Any chances of a Mac version?
Yes, absolutely! In order to build a Mac version I need a Mac myself, and that's not in the cards right now. But soon!
What a fun little indie game I really enjoyed the style and the small little secrets and characters in the game I can't wait to play the full game!
Yo man, good job with this game! Please dont discontinue it. Good Luck!!
Love what you have so far.
I meant to post this a couple weeks ago, guess I didn't hit the "Post comment" button...
Hah, thanks, buddy! Hope I can continue to impress. Glad to have you following!
Unrelated, but I seriously forget to hit "Submit" on some form or email at least once a day. I alt tab too much!
Can you list the controls?